Fanfic - BW HP AU - Nisovin
Apr. 8th, 2016 04:10 amProfessor Nisovin pondered the chalkboard in front of him, lined as it was in mathematical formulas, and various other theorems. They had had no professor for Arithmancy for some time, and he had to fill in. They had cut the class down to just a few so as to not overburden him too much, as he already was teaching all the Transfiguration classes. But they still needed to teach Arithmancy, and so here he was, preparing for the next class. He had a time turner as a backup in case he missed any classes, but he was loathe to use it. He wasn't quite sure how it would interact with his own peculiar form of magic.
He was focused on the board, trying to figure out why the newest theorem he had written was showing up in red instead of blue like a properly completed theorem that he failed to hear the door behind him open. It was only when the person behind him started slurping noisily that he turned to see who it was. He already had an idea of who it might be, being that rude as to come in unannounced, and so rudely.
“What do you need, Rob?” Nisovin said, looking over his glasses at him. Rob shrugged, finishing off the last of his milkshake before dropping the empty cup on the ground.
With a flick of his wand, Nisovin disintegrated the cup before it ever hit the ground, earning an eyeroll from Rob.
“Just checking up on you. Something about being headmaster, and having to make sure I'm not actually overworking you. I mean, I think you'd overwork yourself if you could, but let's pretend,” Rob said.
Nisovin shrugged, looking over at the board. “I'm fine. I'm just trying to get these theorems finished for the class tomorrow. They don't seem to be interacting well with the other forms of magic up on the board.”
Rob nodded slowly as he walked over to the board, pondering it seriously.
“Mmm yes. I see your problem right here. See this X? It denotes you're a nerd and need to take a day or two off,” Rob said as he erased the large glowing X in the centre of the board.
“Rob no!” Nisovin said before he dove under a nearby desk. A breath of a second later the blackboard exploded, sending shrapnel and dust into the air, coating the entire room.
Nisovin slowly rose up from behind the desk, looking at Rob fearfully before relaxing, chuckling softly.
Rob seemed quite fine, but was coated now in a fine layer of white powder, hair, clothes, and robes all covered, making him appear to be almost a paper cut out of himself.
“I'm going to....I'm not going to kill you. No. I'm going to go take a shower, and you're going to take a few days off,” Rob said, miffed as he stalked out of the classroom, the sounds of students murmuring and whispering to themselves from the hallway sounding like music to Nisovin's ears.
He could use a break, he supposed, but he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do with the break. Deadbones likely had ideas if he found out, but he didn't want to have Deadbones over again, he had gotten drunk and fallen asleep on his couch, and the snoring had made it difficult to get sleep himself.
He could do more research into the cube that he had been sent, this time with more protection not only from the box, but from his fellow professors.
He was focused on the board, trying to figure out why the newest theorem he had written was showing up in red instead of blue like a properly completed theorem that he failed to hear the door behind him open. It was only when the person behind him started slurping noisily that he turned to see who it was. He already had an idea of who it might be, being that rude as to come in unannounced, and so rudely.
“What do you need, Rob?” Nisovin said, looking over his glasses at him. Rob shrugged, finishing off the last of his milkshake before dropping the empty cup on the ground.
With a flick of his wand, Nisovin disintegrated the cup before it ever hit the ground, earning an eyeroll from Rob.
“Just checking up on you. Something about being headmaster, and having to make sure I'm not actually overworking you. I mean, I think you'd overwork yourself if you could, but let's pretend,” Rob said.
Nisovin shrugged, looking over at the board. “I'm fine. I'm just trying to get these theorems finished for the class tomorrow. They don't seem to be interacting well with the other forms of magic up on the board.”
Rob nodded slowly as he walked over to the board, pondering it seriously.
“Mmm yes. I see your problem right here. See this X? It denotes you're a nerd and need to take a day or two off,” Rob said as he erased the large glowing X in the centre of the board.
“Rob no!” Nisovin said before he dove under a nearby desk. A breath of a second later the blackboard exploded, sending shrapnel and dust into the air, coating the entire room.
Nisovin slowly rose up from behind the desk, looking at Rob fearfully before relaxing, chuckling softly.
Rob seemed quite fine, but was coated now in a fine layer of white powder, hair, clothes, and robes all covered, making him appear to be almost a paper cut out of himself.
“I'm going to....I'm not going to kill you. No. I'm going to go take a shower, and you're going to take a few days off,” Rob said, miffed as he stalked out of the classroom, the sounds of students murmuring and whispering to themselves from the hallway sounding like music to Nisovin's ears.
He could use a break, he supposed, but he wasn't quite sure what he wanted to do with the break. Deadbones likely had ideas if he found out, but he didn't want to have Deadbones over again, he had gotten drunk and fallen asleep on his couch, and the snoring had made it difficult to get sleep himself.
He could do more research into the cube that he had been sent, this time with more protection not only from the box, but from his fellow professors.